Total Time: Prep: 35 min. + chilling
Makes: about 5-1/2 pounds
1 tablespoon butter
3-1/3 cups sugar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 cup butter, cubed
32 large marshmallows, halved
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
14 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a heavy large saucepan, combine sugars, milk and cubed butter. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows and vanilla until blended.
- Gradually stir in chocolate chips and chopped chocolate until melted. Fold in pecans. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.
- To achieve a smooth, shiny surface on your fudge, work quickly when spreading it into the pan, and touch it as little as possible. Gently tap and shake the pan to smooth out the top.
- Avoid ragged edges on fudge pieces by cleaning your knife between cuts.
1 piece: 79 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.